We proposed a Usability Testing project with potential service users who have long-term health conditions, before moving into our Architecture phase of work.
The usability testing examined the current experience and identified several key pain points and opportunities for improvement. The recommendations from the research provided a blueprint to scope the Architecture phase. In addition to the usability testing, we ran a series of workshops:
A User Profiling workshop was conducted to develop profiles to help ground the team and project stages in a user-first perspective. Following this, it was important to understand the wider ‘organisation’ needs and requirements of WAU from the stakeholders themselves. We ran a Stakeholder Workshop to identify if anything was missing before translating and prioritising our findings so far into features, functions and content. Finally, our Feature Prioritisation workshop finalised and prioritised key requirements for the new site.
Our User Journey Mapping process, guided by Experience UX, enabled the project team and stakeholders to create intuitive journeys. During this time, we also embarked on a four-step Taxonomy design process with their audience to shape the website hierarchy from a user’s perspective utilising card-sorting and tree testing methodologies. By examining the output from user and stakeholder activities we identified how users expected WAU’s content to be grouped and organised along with the steps they would take to get there.
The final step of this project was to validate our insights through creating a series of Wireframes which could then be tested in a final Prototype UT with more of their targeted audience.