Join our talented team of experience designers.
Full Time | Central Bournemouth | £22k – £32k (depending on experience)
Do you have passion and a genuine interest in user and customer experience? Specifically, we need someone who enjoys qualitative research to join our expert team of people watchers, based in Bournemouth, UK (a hybrid of office and home working is available).
We are a group of researchers and consultants who make life easy for people who are trying to use digital interfaces (like you and me), and the businesses who serve them (our clients). We work with leading organisations (The Open University, Ordnance Survey, Ellen MacArthur Foundation) on their quest to provide positive digital experiences.
We do this by helping our clients to step outside of their organisation, turn around, and see their products and brand through the eyes of customers. Whilst the myriad of data options available paint a picture of ‘what’ people do, our role is to go beyond the quantitative to understand the ‘why’. We read between the lines to provide actionable insight for a positive impact.
It is only by understanding the true essence of how customers perceive and experience a digital product, can we help to design and improve intuitive digital interfaces.
Does this excite you?
Do you take ownership of your work? Are you proactive and humble in your working ethos? Are you a good listener and do you like to observe?
This could be for you.
We’d love to talk to you if you have some UX or Qualitative Research experience – further training will take place on the job. What we’re looking for is someone who has in their hearts a desire to influence a more human-centred world.
The team at Experience UX aims to be a good influence in all we do and relish being accountable and professional. Our team have naturally inquiring minds, an insatiable appetite for learning, and challenge the status quo whilst being supportive and inclusive.
We are human, and our products and services are better when the threads that bind us all are sewn within.
You are an excellent fit for this role if you:
- Can demonstrate a minimum of one years’ experience of qualitative research or usability testing.
- Combined with a passion for understanding human behaviour.
- Are professional and personable (this is a client and user-facing role).
Key responsibilities after training and development:
- Collaboratively plan, design, and facilitate user research (with support).
- Brainstorm creative solutions with the team following user research.
- Digitise output from internal and client workshops including user profiles, user journey maps, wireframes, and user flows.
- Conduct online and in-person research.
- Make sense of complex information and transform into easy to understand concepts.
- Analyse user behavioural data to identify trends and patterns.
- Conduct user experience audits and competitor analysis.
- Write up and present your findings to internal and client teams.
The role includes:
- 20 days annual leave
- 3 extra days holiday between Christmas and New Year
- Company Away Days and Team Days
- A hybrid of office and home working
We are an equal opportunities employer and we ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We offer flexible working times and have a wonderful office that is just five minutes’ walk from the sandy beach in Bournemouth (good for team picnics and meetings on foot, or just a stroll if you fancy).
As a team we get together for occasional Friday afternoon drinks, movie nights, team lunches, treasure hunts, off-site days (at a nice hotel), as well as many chats over coffee at various favourite cafes.
Learning and challenging the status quo is important to our culture at Experience UX and we provide access to LinkedIn Learning, MasterClass and Udemy, as well as an annual budget for training and development, which can go towards conferences, training courses, books and other resources.
How to apply?
To apply, send us a video with your responses to the following three questions, combined with your CV to email@example.com
- What attracted you to this role?
- What is your biggest UX frustration?
- Why should we interview you?
No agencies, please.