Join our talented team of experience designers.
Full Time | Central Bournemouth | Competitive Salary
We need a talented UX Designer to help us create brilliant experiences for our clients and their users.
In exchange for your design skills, we will train you in all aspects of UX and ensure that you become a well-rounded UXer capable of integrating user research into your design output. We’ll provide you with the skillset and toolkit to establish yourself as a highly credible UX Architect & Designer.
We believe that UX is impossible without user research. So whilst this role may not require you to conduct regular user research, you will be expected to observe research sessions and challenge your thinking regularly. If you prefer to design things you like, and prefer your opinion over research and evidence, then we’re probably not the right place for you.
Key responsibilities after training and development:
- Assist in planning, design, and facilitation of user research
- Brainstorm creative solutions following user research
- Digitise output from internal and client workshops including user profiles, user journey maps, wireframes, and user flows
- Produce easy to use, highly effective information architecture
- Conduct online and in-person card sorting research
- Turn complex information structures into easy to understand architecture
- Producing attractive and effective designs for all media
- Owning the Experience UX brand and ensuring all output communicates effectively
- Design intuitive user interactions at each step of the user journey
- Conduct user journey mapping audits and workshops
- Produce interactive prototypes
Personal Attributes and Values
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have a very strong work ethic
- You would consider yourself a good listener
- You are proud of the work you do and enjoy a job well done
- You love learning and regularly read and expand your knowledge outside of work.
- You are honest, ethical, and value integrity
- You like to help people and thrive when solving problems
- You are an advocate of good design and you get frustrated when things are not designed well
- You consider yourself a confident person who enjoys a challenge
Skills & Knowledge
- You can demonstrate your passion for user experience
- You have a strong interest in psychology and like to learn about what ‘makes people tick’
- You have an ability to remain impartial and objective and can demonstrate tact and discretion
- You have the ability to evaluate your work objectively and are comfortable with your work being critiqued
- You are passionate about graphic design and can demonstrate examples of great design
- You are an experienced computer user and have experience using a range of software applications
- Experience of working independently to produce high quality design work
- Experience in communicating problems, solutions, or ideas to others
- At least two years experience in a digital design role
- Experience running workshops or facilitating meetings
Education, training and qualifications
- A degree in a design related discipline
If you’ve got a strong drive, a big heart, and you’d like to use it to help build a company we can all be proud of, then we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Let’s face it, no-one likes to write a cover letter, and if we’re honest we don’t enjoy reading them either. So, we’d like to try something different.
If you’d like to apply for this role, send us the usual stuff like your CV and portfolio. But rather than a cover letter, we’d like you to send us a short video of you telling us:
- What attracted you to this role
- What your biggest frustration with bad UX is
- Why we should set up an interview with you.
Don’t worry too much about video quality and don’t worry if you feel awkward doing it. The fact that you try will probably put you above most other candidates. We would love you to complete a video as part of this process but we understand if this isn’t something you feel comfortable doing so, it isn’t mandatory. Please note that if you choose not to do a video we would expect a cover letter covering the same points.
Please send your CV, portfolio, and a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – UX Designer Application
No agencies please