Join our talented team of User Research Experts.
User Experience Consultant
Full Time | Central Bournemouth | £30k – £40k
We are looking for a User Experience Consultant
Experience UX is dedicated to creating an internet full of pleasing user experiences, and we need your help. We are looking for a dedicated, organised, and self-motivated individual, who has experience in UX and Research, to join our team of consultants and researchers.
If you share our passion for user experience, are driven by research, and have a good background in digital, this could be the perfect job for you.
Depending on your experience we are offering a salary between £30,000 and £40,000, a Bournemouth town centre location (with remote working whilst in lockdown), shared parking, and a friendly and positive working environment.
This is a full-time, client-facing role, and the responsibilities for this position include:
- Leading client projects and delivering a wide range of research and user experience services including expert evaluation, competitor benchmarking, usability testing/depth interviews, qualitative and quantitative research, information architecture, designing and facilitating client and user workshops, etc.)
- Developing customer insight to inform meaningful recommendations to achieve our clients’ project and commercial objectives
- Writing and presenting accurate and authoritative reports and presentations
- Sometimes leading a project team and sometimes working as part of a project team
- Managing projects to our high-quality standards, within budget, and on time
- Managing multiple people in the delivery of our projects, which can include our internal team, suppliers, agencies, and freelancers.
- Providing quality assurance across various projects to help us ensure a high quality of method, interpretation, and advice
- Coaching less experienced staff in all aspects of UX, research, project management, consultancy, and client delivery.
- Actively seek to further your personal and team knowledge through training and personal learning
- Keep up to date with trends and improvements in research and UX
- Contribute to, and champion, the design of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces using social media, externally published articles, online communities, and our blog
- Contributing to proposals by designing projects to meet client briefs and objectives
- The role includes 20 day’s annual leave, plus three extra days when the office closes between Christmas and the New Year, plus bank holidays.
Skills and experience needed:
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and would describe yourself as a ‘people person’
- You have experience in a similar UX role working for either a digital agency or within a client-side organisation in a digital team
- You are experienced in facilitating moderated usability testing
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- You have experience in writing and delivering reports and presentations
- You are confident in your ability to meet new people and presenting to a client audience
- You would consider yourself a good listener
- You are proud of the work you do and enjoy a job well done
- You love learning and enjoy opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge
- You are honest, ethical and value integrity
- You like to help people and enjoy solving problems
- You are an advocate of good user experience design
- You consider yourself a confident person who enjoys a challenge
- You are professional and personable in attendance, presentation, and communication
- You can demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and remain self-motivated
- You can demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and we ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We offer flexible working times and have a wonderful office that is just five minutes’ walk from the sandy beach in Bournemouth (good for team picnics and meetings on foot, or just a stroll if you fancy).
When not in lockdown, as a team we get together for occasional Friday afternoon drinks, movie nights, team lunches, treasure hunts, off-site days (at a nice hotel), as well as many chats over coffee at various favourite cafes.
Learning and challenging the status-quo is important to our culture at Experience UX and we provide access to LinkedIn Learning and Udemy, as well as an annual budget for training and development, which can go towards conferences, training courses, books and other resources.
If this sounds right up your street, then we want to hear from you.
Let’s face it no-one likes to write a cover letter, and if we’re honest we don’t really enjoy reading them either. We thought we would try something different. To apply please send us your CV combined with the responses to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org We’d prefer you to send us a video but we’re happy to accept audio or other creative ideas.
- What attracted you to this role?
- What is your biggest UX frustration?
- Why should we interview you?
No recruitment agencies, please.
We’re passionate about UX and are happy to help, whether you’re a client or not. If you’ve got a challenging UX issue or simply want a friendly steer in the right direction, get in touch with Neil and make his day:
01202 293652 email@example.com